Sunday 24 March 2013

Living The Lie


Every day I meet people – who are conflicted or perhaps not. Maybe it’s just me who has the issues here. They leave me feeling conflicted because of them and their general behaviour or lack of standards in their behaviour.

I don’t know about you – but this is very disconcerting to me. I find it difficult to relate to people who are living a lie. I mean, what do we talk about? The things they say they do and don’t or the way they present themselves but aren’t really that way at all?

Does any of this bother you?

It does me and I will tell you why. It’s the energy of the thing. I know there are several issues here dealing with principles, standards, conformity, authenticity and whatnot. But for me it all comes down to energy.

It bothers me to see someone sell food to others they would not eat themselves…and worse again, to watch them get their children to sell it for them. When they would not want their kids eating all that sugar but sell it to yours….

It bothers me to see someone misrepresent themselves – what’s it called now – ‘self branding’ – packaging is pretty, but when you lie to others on the outside, you are lying to yourself on the inside.

That health expert who doesn’t promote health and that school therapist who is a bully, right up there with the doctors and nurses who refuse vaccinations for themselves and their families but run a clinic to ensure you conform.

It bothers me to do business with people who sell a product they don’t believe in because they are peddling confusion. The woman who hates the destruction of excess alcohol yet stocks her shop with cheap wine – a best seller.

If I were to allow any of the other things to be taken on board it would overload my senses and of course – not be in any way my stuff. So, I observe and see what is taking place here, but like I said, it’s not my stuff.

It’s the energy that is sent out into the world that bothers me most.

Energy being energy – well that just gets spread around to everyone and is difficult to avoid. So I take this fairly seriously. When someone is saying one thing, doing another and then shrugging off the message it sends to their inner core – their energy is spiking all over the place.

And this energy becomes part of the atmosphere of a place, an event or a theme, blending together and taking on a life form of it’s own. Some areas and buildings just scream out discord and disharmony because the lie has taken root and grown into something we don’t want to see. 

April 


No comments:

Post a Comment