Monday 4 February 2013

Observations of A Distracted Mind

I have had the rare privilege of reading what someone has written and watch as they created an article from the beginning, it was an eye opener. Mostly because it isn't remotely similar to anything I would do or even consider doing...

First of all when I write something it's straight from my heart - I actually don't always know where I am going with it when I start. I know that something is inside of me and it needs to come out to be said. It's finished when I feel better and can see I have reached some sort of a conclusion.

The reason I am mentioning this right now is because I am reminding myself and others that our lives and certainly our spiritual paths are exactly like this. Everything around us has meaning, everyone has their own approach...

Yet not everyone is on a spiritual path, nor do the create from their hearts or indeed are even connected to huge swaths of their bodies. Life for so many is a form of distraction - a medley of pain, anger and confusion.

And that is on a good day. What is far worse, some of these people are completely uninterested in bettering their lot in life, of pulling themselves up or out of the mire they have found themselves in. I guess this is the main difference between those who are on a 'path' and those who are simply present but not accounted for.

On a journey such as this you have to work - at regaining trust, learning who you are, what you are doing here and why you are bothering with any of this in the first place. In the end you do find that absolutely everything matters, most of all you and your life in the whole scheme of things.

Another one of the reasons this method of writing stood out to me - was that it wasn't remotely genuine. This person was distracted, lacked concentration and had to develop the story as they went along - as opposed to allowing the story to live and pour out from some part of themselves.

It was pure distraction which lacked heart, feeling or strength of purpose. Yet, this is what was wanted, is how the media driven world expects us to be and indeed is the type of 'information' that is poured down our throats on a daily basis.

Of course, as a Medical Intuitive and Nutritionist I can immediately relate any aspect of this back to diet, exercise, poor water uptake, nutrient absorption and any number of lifestyle specifics. But this is not all that is taking place here....

The real focus here for us to observe is the fact that when a person is not living the path they are on, but has a perch on which to rest, they cannot possibly understand or comprehend what the rest of us are seeing, doing and where we are going. 

I think I finally found the meaning to Frost's "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference".

April 

Fig Newtons - recipe on my Eat Like a Pagan Blog!! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment