Monday 13 August 2012

Dazed and Confused On The Spiritual Path

There is a lot that needs to be said here about this topic - confusion - mostly because this is such a common problem, yet one that is directly related to the food we are eating or have eaten throughout our lives. 

Last night I had a dream of packaged macaroni and cheese (remember that?) the kind of stuff that many children eat in North America on a daily basis because it is easy to prepare and will fill you up. However, it lies in the category of 'I can't believe, I used to eat that stuff' and it is something that I would never feed to my own children.

So where did it all go wrong? 

This is the question that I woke up with this morning and I feel that perhaps I am still mulling this entire food question (removal of all processed foods) over on yet a deeper level as I attempt to detox even further into my own body. And, I think that I have found the source of spiritual confusion!

Consuming processed, junk and fake foods at any time alters your body composition and likely influences your genetic makeup and certainly compromises the genetic integrity. We simply cannot build a healthy body (from the cells inside) nor can we function efficiently on any level when we eat foods with little or no energy.

And function equally means body, mind and spirit. Not one aspect of our beings works properly, moves forward, experiences clarity and it is difficult to remain grounded on a poor diet. Our lives become disjointed, unconnected and purposeless. 

You are far more then what you eat - the food you eat today makes up the energy you project tomorrow. Food without a life force (and far removed from wholeness) will not bring you closer to consciousness or enable your spiritual dimensions to develop on any level. 

Is it any wonder that so many are feeling confused on the spiritual path - it's all about the food!

April

No comments:

Post a Comment